Dwell is serving up a new tradition at Hometown Days
It’s hard to believe that our annual family favorite San Carlos Hometown Days is right around the corner. Steeped in tradition, this annual event gets better and better each year. And this year, our brokerage, Dwell Realtors, is sponsoring a first-of-its-kind Beach Volleyball Tournament and we want you to either participate or at least watch this new athletic attraction at Hometown Days. First serve will begin on Saturday, May 21 and the finals will take place Sunday, May 22 – all on the Burton Park main lawn area. The courts are something to see, too! We are in the process of organizing two-person teams into two flights of teams, based upon ability and experience. And age doesn’t matter – you can create a Father-Daughter duo or two moms can hit the court. Mix it up, there are no rules on team pairings, only that you have to be over 13 years old.
Think you can get it over the net? We’d love to have you sign up to play. There are a few spots available, so sign up at http://www.dwellvolleyball.com/.
Here is a snapshot of the specifics:
- Teams are made up of two individuals.
- There are PRIZES for winners!
- Players ages 13 through adult are eligible to play in the free tournament.
- The tournament is a double elimination format with all teams guaranteed at play at least two games.
- There will be an Orange and a White flight. Teams will be placed in a particular flight based on experience and skill.
- Four beach volleyball courts will be set up on the grass field at Burton Park. All matches will take place on one of the four courts.
- Exact rules and tournament specifics will be forwarded to all teams at least one week prior to the start of Hometown Days.
Whether you plan to hit the court, the parade, the Hometown run or the beer garden, there is certainly something for everyone at Hometown Days. What began in 1980 as a fun, spirited community event that brought together residents and service organizations is now a huge community event the draws more than 12,000 participants over the two-day festival. Come see the artists’ attractions, food booths, live entertainment and community building.
For more information about Hometown Days, visit www.sancarloshometowndays.com.
Be sure come by and say hello at Beach Volleyball!